Here are some fun ways you can use photography in elements of your wedding planning and decor.
- If you had engagement photos taken, use the images to print “Save the Date” cards, or for “Thank You” cards after the wedding is over.
- Place a photo of yourselves as a couple at each table setting, with a story about the two of you, to help strengthen your guests connection to you at the wedding.
- Create a slideshow of images of the two of you that can be used on your wedding website. If you’re uncertain the best way to do this, you can always ask your photographer if they can provide one for you (and what the charge would be).
- Instead of a traditional white guest book, have your photos turned into a sign-in book, using sites like mpix.com, or blurb.com to create them. For even more fun, ask guests to create a caption for the photos when they sign in!
- Check with your photographer on whether they can provide you with a “photo booth” setup, to make your reception more of an ‘interactive’ experience for your guests.
- Ask a friend to man a Polaroid “photo booth” where guests can make silly/funny photos that can be added be added to the sign-in book. On the plus side, your guests will have a blast, and you’ll get a lot of laughs every time you look at your guest book years down the road!
- Select your favorite photos of the two of you, hang them from a clothesline with cards to tell a funny story about both of you.
- Personalize postal stamps to use for “Save the Date” cards, invitations and “Thank You” cards.
- Place photos with a matte at the sign-in table and have the guests sign the matte around the photo. When you hang them in your home after the wedding, it’s sure to put a smile on your face each time you look at them!